We publish and maintain the technical specifications for Freeview, the most popular platform in the UK, known as the D-Book.
The DTG was instrumental in the UK's move to digital TV, with the D-Book specifications and test regimes underpinning the switchover certification mark (the digital tick)
The D-Book 6 represented a landmark in UK broadcasting, providing the specification for the launch of HD services on Freeview, powered by the DVB-T2 modulation standard.
Interoperability and co-existence
We run DTG Testing, the ISO17025 accredited digital TV test centre which provides benchmark test and conformance services for the Freeview and Freesat services and international platforms.
We're bringing industry together to understand new technologies and create new opportunities, in six main workstreams
- Ultra HD and the DTG UK UHD Forum
- DTT maintaining the technical specifications D-Book
- Mobile improving delivery and interoperability of video to mobile devices
- Spectrum driving full value from spectrum while ensuring coexistence
- Connected TV leading the search for an industry-wide solution for Ad Insertion and improving Home Networking
- Accessibility improving the TV experience for accessibility users
If your organisation is particularly interested in any of this work and would like to discuss getting involved with the DTG, please contact email@example.com or call us on 020 7840 6500.