DTG web site home page
Leading the evolution of television
The DTG is the centre for collaboration at the heart of the digital TV industry. More than 125 companies are members of the DTG, and collectively we drive innovation and growth in the television and technology sectors.
We're the only impartial space of its kind in the UK, and the joint expertise from DTG Members continues to define the technologies that make the UK a world-leading TV industry and ensure market interoperability.
DTG Daily News Roundup
ITV synchronises broadcast with digital, 4k TV market penetration to hit 23% in 2016
ITV to synchronise digital audiences with broadcast by harnessing viewing behaviourITV is taking steps to bring the world of marketing and broadcast television even closer, by utilising a service called Ad Sync +. Sales division ITV Commercial announced a partnership with RadiumOne to introduce this digital marketing tool to the market.
By analysing viewing behaviour, advertisers will be able to find and target audiences based on how they share content and engage with programming. The platform will provide over 30 billion sharing events per month.
“RadiumOne’s deep understanding of cross platform ad solutions and their unique lens on audiences through sharing data makes them the perfect partner to help us deliver further value to our advertisers across multiple platforms.” Said Simon Daglish, Deputy Managing Director at ITV Commercial.
4k TVs set to hit 23% market penetration in 2016Global shipments of 4k TVs in 2016 are predicted to total 220 million sets, say WitsView, a division of TrendForce.
This is an increase of 1.85% year-on-year, with South Korea-based Samsung and LG Electronics maintaining the top two spots in the market. Despite the increase, consumer spending is expected to remain weak, affected by currency fluctuations and the uneven global economic recovery.
OLED and curved-screen LCD panels will play a large part in the high-end market in 2016, with industry giants Samsung and LG each backing a different technology. LG is developing OLED while Samsung is focusing on curved-screen LCD panels.
DTG launches the R-Book Field Guide for Freeview & YouView aerial system installers
- Handy field guide supplements the complete R-Book 6
- Includes eight essential tips for successful DTT setup
- To be distributed through Alltrade and the CAI
The DTG, the UK collaboration centre for innovation in digital media technology, has launched the R-Book 6 Field Guide: a handy companion to the the recent 6th edition of its free R-Book for DTT aerial system installers.
The DTG's Dynamic Spectrum Access forum reviews the outcomes of WRC-15 and prepares for the future
DTG’s Dynamic Spectrum Access forum is organising its second annual spectrum-oriented event focusing on the outcomes of WRC-15. Looking at three key areas;
- Broadcast Industry (including PMSE issues)
- Mobile Industry (covering all provision for mobile broadband)
- Satellite Industry
There will also be an overall summary from DCMS to close the event
DTG and German TV Platform to join forces on Ultra HD plugfests
- National technology collaboration bodies begin series of joint equipment and content testing events
- Combines broadcasters, TV platforms and CE manufacturers active in Europe’s largest TV markets
The DTG UK UHD Forum and German TV Platform are joining forces to continue testing Ultra HD TVs, receivers, content and connectivity as new services develop.
German TV Platform is the German counterpart to the DTG, the UK collaboration centre for innovation in digital media technology, with its own industry group dedicated to Ultra HD TV.
2 Dec 2015
DTG RF Group
4 Dec 2015
DTG SI Group
9 Dec 2015
DTG FGP Committee
Most read DTG stories
- Manhattan to support Freeview Play
- Telco Lebara Launches New OTT Service
- DTG and CAI release draft of the latest R-Book for industry review
- DVB divided on UHD's path, Humax signs Netflix, and Apple TV to get DTT: DTG daily news September 16th 2015
- Freeview announces that all future products will be HD beyond 2016
- BBC News online threat, Netgem preps Netflix, VR head spa, and Ultra HD shopping: DTG daily news July 9th 2015
DTG in the news
- UK start-ups win IBC stand space
Broadcast :: 22 July 2015
- BBC, Sky and DVB honoured at DTG Awards
TVB Europe :: 14 May 2015
- Ofcom threatens action over 4K labelling
Broadband TV News :: 13 May 2015
- DTG and German TV Platform link for Ultra HD plugfests
Broadband TV News :: 17 November 2015
- UHD plugfests: Berlin and London calling
CSI :: 17 November 2015